Have you ever been contacted by someone on OfferUp that you would rather not hear from again? Maybe they were persistent after you said you weren’t interested in their item, or maybe they just made you feel uncomfortable. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to block someone on OfferUp so that you never have to hear from them again. Let’s break down how.
How to Block Someone on OfferUp
- Open the app and find the user you want to block.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap ‘Report.’
- Follow the steps and fill out the prompts.
- Once you get to the last step, you can toggle on ‘Block this user?’ (You cannot block a user without first reporting them.)
Additional secondhand marketplace resources:
- How to delete an item on OfferUp
- Can you get scammed on Facebook Marketplace?
- What are the Mercari listing fees?
- What are the differences between Mercari and OfferUp?
- What is the best Facebook Marketplace alternative?
- What does pending on Facebook Marketplace mean?
- Can you get scammed on OfferUp?
Blocking someone on OfferUp is a great way to stop unwanted messages from people who make you feel uncomfortable or who are being persistent after you’ve said no thanks.